Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Whoever said heat rises obviously never ran through the subway in June




This morning I woke up at 3 AM in New York, my whole body tingling with the excitement of finally leaving the US/Canada... and the anxiety of having no plan, just a one way
plane ticket and some places to be.
I leave from JFK and fly to London, then London to Basel. If British Airways doesn't cancel the flights again, I'll be in Frieburg by tomorrow night.



I'm going "backpacking," which basically means traveling without dignity. "Packing light" got ruled out when I got to New York-- sure I only have one tee-shirt, but I also have the MacBook I bought impulsively at the 5th Ave. Apple store.



After much deliberation, I could not figure out how to photograph my camera and computer (they belong together) so instead there are photographs of everything else I'm taking.



(By the way, I don't smoke. I found that pack on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and have been carrying them around ever since.)

Sorry for the boring first post-- I'm afraid of sounding anti-semetic. Basically, I went to B&H ("The photo/video SUPERSTORE"- where I refused to go when I was twelve) and I had such a cultural awakening. My mother went to Jerusalem but I went to B&H!

No comments:

Post a Comment